12-20-2023 Ioki Mao's blog: Singing is nice (English Translation)

Christmas is almost here 🤶

I spent everyday drinking warm tea from Santa's mug.

It's cute, so I feel like it's twice as delicious.

A muffler is probably the fifth thing that comes to mind when you think of “winter”

What color will everyone choose this year?

For me, it's yellow!

Actually, this is a muffler that I borrowed from someone.

I think you'll find out someday from whom I borrowed it, so please wait patiently (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A lot of things are happening this winter

The other day, "Chou Nogizaka Star Tanjou LIVE" was held. 

3 performances at Yoyogi Daiichi Gymnasium!

I am once again thankful to be able to perform at such a big venue with just the 5th gen members.

For quite a while, I've been performing in "Shinzanmono" LIVE with about 1,000 fans, so I was a bit surprised to stand on a stage with 10,000 people.


Yoyogi and Ioki

This is the 2nd concert of Chou Nogizaka Star Tanjou

The previous concerts were held in Yokohama and Kobe but I messed up my throat in Kobe so I wasn't able to perform as well as I'd hoped, I was really disappointed 

Being able to perform for the second time, I was really motivated.

I thought of it as revenge for the last time.

And for that reason, I bought a humidifier, slept with a soothing mask on everyday, and ate honey lol


I arrived in Yoyogi safely and in good condition

The songs I sang solo are

"Yasashisa afureru you ni" which is requested by Ito-san and "Watashi o tadoru Monogatari"

They both have wonderful lyrics and songs, so I sang them hoping that the people listening to them would take the lyrics as they are.

Especially after singing "Watashi o tadoru Monogatari" during rehearsal

Miku, Iroha and Manager-san told me they loved it

That made me really happy and I gained a lot of confidence from everyone

And I was able to sing

It was my first time appearing by rising up in the middle, it's a style I've only seen on TV~!

I was excited and nervous but I'm glad I was able to sing to the fullest (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)

I hope Ito-san is happy too~

I hope I was able to grow a lot compared to last time


And on the second day, December 17~

It was Hi-san's birthday ðŸŽ‰ðŸŽ‰

Hi-san, who I met when she was 17, is now 20!!

Time flies so fast~

Happy birthday (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)


Hina's voice is perfect for singing a sad song about a girl in love

I loved her singing ``Girls Don't Cry'' so much that I told her about it. 

She kept saying she was nervous, but her actual performance was really good.


Hina-san is getting cuter and cuter and is always a little silly

I'm looking forward to another year (from the Tea Alliance)


As a 5th gen, I climbed a lot of walls this winter

Nao wasn't able to attend this time, but apparently she was watching the whole time

She told me earlier that she cried when she heard me sing, I'm glad she's feeling a lot better (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)

I wonder how many times we did Naonao's pose, I might not be able to count it with just my hands

Let's do it when we're on stage together again 


Yoyogi has become a place where I have been able to grow once again.

Actually, I talked about it for a bit during "Chou Star Tanjou LIVE, but a while before this live

The members who collaborated with Yumi Matsutoya on ``Mamotte Agetai'' received an invitation to Yumi Matsutoya's LIVE that was also held at Yoyogi Daiichi Gymnasium. 

I have been familiar with Matsutoya-san's songs for a long time, and there are many songs that I love.

From this live concert, I fell in love with this person named Matsutoya Yumi (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)

Matsutoya-san's songs are gentle and warm

During the last encore, when Matsutoya-san was singing "Mamotte Agetai" this happened...

I suddenly burst into tears then when I looked at Iroha beside me, 

She was crying even more than me lol


At that moment, I really thought that the power of singing is amazing

I think if you listen to this song when you're having a hard time, you'll naturally be able to smile

And also! She did the walking doll dance once the song started, it made me kind of happy (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)

Also, the set and lighting were amazing, they were singing on top of a dragon

The dragon was breathing fire, and the lighting made it feel like I was listening to the song from underwater, so it was really fun to watch!

Matsutoya-san's personality and aura were truly amazing, she was friendly and warm 

The way she remembered each of our names made me curious about her 

And made me think that when I grow up, I want to be like her 

Also, as I watch the smiling faces of the fans up close, I got used to their smiling faces

I wonder if the fans who come to our concerts feel this way as well

It also made me want to give my best to make everyone smile

I'm glad that I was able to have a valuable experience (*ËŠ˘Ë‹*)

I want to see you again 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Oops, before I knew it, I was writing a lot

I'm going to watch VIVANT now

Everyone said it was interesting so I wanted to watch it, 

But I accidentally saw a clip of the drama where someone says "I'm VIVANT!" 

Is this one of those insane kind of dramas? 

I don't really understand it right now, but I'll just keep watching.


See you again!

Comments